Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

E- mail Notifications issues

Hi:

I have a question about e-mail notification DFM. I was working with it an we didnt have problems about notification when we put the following:

-SMTP Server: 172.19.220.185

-Sender Address: CWAlert@cosma.com

-Recipient Address:

awalkinshaw@cosma.com

it works great, but the customer wants to put anothe e-mail and the SMTP server is the same, the problem is that this e-mails didnt arrive in the to this mail:

-8441621132@msgnextel.com.mx

I was confused because te e-mail that is working is @cosma.com (i put 3 different e-mail with the same domain @cosma.com), but this didnt work @msgnextel.com.mx.

The customer told me that this 2 e-mails domains have the same SMTP Server (172.19.220.185) but the second e-mail domain didnt arrive.

is anybody could helpme why this is happening? could it cant work with different domains?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: E- mail Notifications issues

Relaying through that SMTP server may be denied. You can try getting a sniffer trace of all 25/tcp traffic between the CiscoWorks server and the SMTP server to see what it says to the third address.

but is it posible to have 2 e-mails with different domains? the SMTP server in both is the same 172.19.220.185

Cisco Employee

Yep, it's very possible. It does work provided the SMTP server allows it.

Views
Helpful
Replies