Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM applet for TCAM High Utilization

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

See see attachment for tcam output on the switch.  What i need is to setup EEM event to monitor the Masks/Values for the TCAM and if the values increase, them take action and send syslog.  Please let e know if this is possible.

Thanks

Franco

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of code is running on the switch?  Do you want to monitor all values or just the unicast TCAM?

Hello Joe,

We are using 12.2(46)SE & 12.2(52)SE.

Regards

Franco

I would like to monitor all values.

I was working on the code for this, and I'm still unclear as to when you want to send the syslog.  Do you want to send a syslog on any increase of the current used masks/values, any increase on the max masks/values, or only when one or both cross a specific threshold?  It would be helpful if you provide more specific details about your desired algorithm.

The values i am interested in are the Used Mask/Values not the Max.  I wanted EEM to send syslog if the Used values especally for the "IPv4 security aces" increase to 80%.   For example the "IPv4 security aces" Used Masks Values goes over 760/760.

Francisco.

Try this script.  Before registering it, you will need to set two EEM environment variables:

tcam_interval : Number of seconds between TCAM checks

tcam_threshold : Percentage of used masks and values

For example:

event manager environment tcam_interval 60

event manager environment tcam_threshold 80

Thank you very much Joe.

I will give it a go and let you know the outcome

Francisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: