Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM Automatic configuration rollback.

Hi All.

I want to share this configuration with you, could find attached this.

This is a eem policy that will rollback configuration to the startup-config, in case you make configuration changes and lost connection to a remote router, this will revert config to the startup without reloading the router. Better than a "reload in".

Use the configure replace feature, kron policy, eem, archival config.

This is not perfect of course, i will like to know your opinion, improvements, etc. For example, this could execute a write mem whenever a configure terminal is executed, or will save running config to file and the configure replace will use this file instead or startup-config. This way the startup config or the rollback config always will be always updated,

Br

Alex.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for your contribution.  You should post this over to http://www.cisco.com/go/ciscobeyond , which is our repository for contributed EEM policies and Tcl scripts.

Ok, thx. Im working in other versions that will store in a local, scp or ftp path the running configuration, with revision numbers, and will rollback to last one. This eem will automatically store the running-configuration copy every time a user execute the conf t command.

This way the rollback will not be to startup config, will be to the las running before the configuration changes.

Br

Alex.

I just published the new version under the eem scripting comunity.

Br

Alex.

Hi,

I am looking for a  eem script like yours to be able to perform a configure replace every 2 hours from a specific configuration file (neither the startup-config, nor the last running-config).

That would be like the command  reload in X, but loading the configuration file from a specific location every 2 hours.

But in addition, if I you want to perform a reload in the middle of those 2 hours, the configuration file would be the startup-config.

This way, the router will load the config file as usual every time you perform a reload, except every 2 hours, where a reload will be performed and some specific config file (always the same one) will be used, no matter what actions are taken before that time.

What modifications would you do on the script attached in this website to get this working?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Hi Pedro, maybe you dont need an eem script, but only the Kron feature. This way you could use this to schedule the command configure replace the way you need.

This script does many more things, this why i use eem. If you only need a configure replace every two hours then your option is Kron.

You talk about execute a reload, then execute a configure replace with the startup-config, but this is not needed. If you reload a router without saving your configuration this will load the startup config anyway.

Br

Alex.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: