Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM Support over HWIC-D-9ESW

aviyoshi10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to implement EEM and taking actions on my HWIC-D-9ESW card sitting in the same router.

I think it is possible because the EEM is global configuration on the router and not bounded to a Card\Port.

can it work ?, if it can, is there any limitations ?

thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What you want to do is possible.  The CLI executed through EEM is the same as you would run manually.  So, if you can enter config t mode, and perform a "shutdown" of the interface on this module, then EEM can do the same.  In order to perform the function you want, your router would need to be running 12.3(14)T or higher.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

EEM is a global feature that can allow you to run CLI commands when certain events occur (among other things).  Therefore, you could write an EEM policy which only operates on a certain card or a certain interface.  What exactly what you want to do to this module, and one what type of event?

Hi,

Example will be identifying a syslog message and shutting the physical port on the card - something basic

I am familiar with the EEM functionality but I don't know if I can use its full capabilities on this specific kind of card I am having in my router. my concern is because this card is a switch card it has limited features support like not supporting L2TPv3 and so...

What you want to do is possible.  The CLI executed through EEM is the same as you would run manually.  So, if you can enter config t mode, and perform a "shutdown" of the interface on this module, then EEM can do the same.  In order to perform the function you want, your router would need to be running 12.3(14)T or higher.

Thanks a lot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: