cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM / Tcl Script Used to Check for Interface Errors?

Iain
Level 4
Level 4

I recently picked up the book Tcl Scripting for IOS.  One of the use-cases which interests me is using EEM/Tcl to check a switch for errors.  I am currently looking at using this on the 4500 platform.  I've set my EEM variables (as defined in the book), but when I attempt to define the policy (event manager policy interface_errors_email.tcl) I get an error.  I'm assuming this is because the actual script doesn't exist.  I was wondering if there is a repository of common scripts where I can download this, or do I have to create this myself?

Thanks, Iain

PS  I'm new to eem and tcl .. so any other pointers would be greatly appreciated

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You would need to write this script (or copy it from the book).  There is a centralized repository for Cisco and user-contributed scripts at http://www.cisco.com/go/ciscobeyond .  I don't think this exact script is there, but there are lots of others which may be of interest to you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: