Helpful
Replies

email DFM alarm automatically ?

brianwangrpm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

DFM VERSION:1.2

How can I configure the DFM to send the alarm log via email automatically ? Thanks !

Brian

9 Replies 9

frankzehrer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Brian,

Try DFM -> Administration -> Fault Notification -> Mail Notifier.

This will forward the DFM alarms to you.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,

1.Thanks for yuor suggestion !

2.I have configured the ciscoworks DFM before got your suggestion but I should mail the alarms manually not automatically.Why ?

Best Regards;

Brian

Hi Brian,

what IDU do you use for DFM.

Latest should be 1.2.10.

Here is the download link: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-dfm

Please have a look in Server Configuration - About the server - Applications and versions for that.

Best regards,

Frank

Frank,

1.I will update the DFM and verify it,thanks !

2.Does DFM send all alarms automatically via mail ?

Brian

No alarms are sent via email until this functionality is configured in Mail Notifier (as was said). The simplest way of configuring the Mail Notifier will send all alarms via email, but this may not be desired. For advanced configutation, you will need to modify mail_notify.conf manually. If you do end up modifying this file, be very careful with the contents. A syntax error will break notifications.

Jclarke,

1.May you explain more detail about "as was said"?What is the function?

2."but this may not be desired."---Why ?

Best Regards;

Brian

"No alarms are sent via email until this functionality is configured in Mail Notifier (as was said). The simplest way of configuring the Mail Notifier will send all alarms via email, but this may not be desired."

The first reply on this thread answered number 1. As for number 2, sending all alarms as emails may be overkill. Many users only care to receive certain alarms as email notifications.

If you need further help you will need to provide more details as to what you mean by "configured the ciscoworks DFM."

Hi,

Thanks for yuor reply !

After I edit the mail server parameters in mail Notifier;the alarm is sent via mail automatically.

But I still want to know how can I set up threshold for speific interface ?(High utilization of specific Giga interface to 7% but others 20% )

Best Regards;

Brian

Hi Brian,

have a look in "DFM Administration Console -> Edit -> Polling and Thresholds"

On the left pane you see the Groups (intersesting might be the Interface or Port Groups) on the right pane the settings for the group.

In the tab "Matching Criteria" have a look to the criteria which might be interesting for your task.

Before experiment with the settings: have on the left pane a reight click on a group (e.g. Interface Group) and choose copy. So you can copy all of the group settings.

After settings change do not forget to recomute the codebook!

For more information have a look here.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/dfm/dfm123cd/u_gd/groups.htm

Best regards,

Frank