cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

email notification not working on LMS2.6 for DFM2.0

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi have try to make it work but unable to receive any mail. I have attached the file nos.log and started the debug option.

can someone help me out?

yanic

11 Replies 11

Not applicable

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You attachment didn't make it through. It would also be helpful to get your exact version of DFM.

Not applicable

LMS2.6

DFM2.0.6

and I have started the debug for NOS, I have attached the latest file

I'm able to receive alert via AAD but unable to get email notification. I did telnet to my smtp server onport 25 and all good.

Thanks,

yanic

yanic.chausse@banq.qc.ca

and I'm unable to do a reply or to attached a file, would you have a email address so I can forward the nos.log file.

yanic

Not applicable

HTTP Status 404 - /eforum/servlet/null

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message /eforum/servlet/null

description The requested resource (/eforum/servlet/null) is not available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/5.5.12

Not applicable

Not applicable

To jclarke

please login to the ftp server and you will see 2 files. The nos.log and word document with all the info you requested.

ftp://198.168.27.66/

username: cisco_tac

password: banq567=

Thanks,

yanic

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You email configuration is not correct. DFM is trying to send email, but the SMTP server is most likely rejecting the mail. Start a sniffer trace filtering on tcp/25 traffic to your SMTP server. Generate a event which will trigger a notification. Check the trace for errors.

Not applicable

to jclarke,

I tested my smtp server via AAD to notify another user and it work just fine. I do see in the nos.log file that the system was unable to sent mail to yanic.chausse@banq.qc.ca

Please retreive the pdshow file via the ftp server and please advise,

I also have the new file nos.log with debug option on

Merci,

yanic

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I really need to see the sniffer trace at this point. No additional logs will provide the details I need.

Not applicable

So if I understand correctly, you need a sniffer trace from the ciscoworks outgoing interface or a sniffer trace from the incomming/outgoing interfaqce of the smtp server?

Merci,

yanic

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Either should work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: