Helpful
Replies

EMM to config check

francisco_1
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Joe,

hope you are well.

Possibility of using EEM to do automatic fault detection and correction. For example like to have the possibility for a router to automatically check configuration files, lets say for misconfiguration. I have read that this is possible locally to a router, so a router can check its own configuration file for faults, but this does not help when there are dependencies in the configuration file.

it is possible for a router to automatically check/compary/analyze its own configuration file as well as configuration file from another router (lets say directly connected router) using EEM Tcl scripting??

in other words, can I set up EEM to automatically TELNET to another router execute the "show run" command and save this into some variables in Tcl and compare and analyse it to other config files? I'm not sure if this has to be done via Telnet.

Francisco

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure!  In fact, I wrote an Embedded Automation Systems package to do batch-based remote connectivity scripts using EEM.  You can find my EASy Remote Command Shell at http://www.cisco.com/go/easy .  Using this, you could grab a show run from a remote device, then compare it to the running config from the local device using "show archive config diff".