cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable ftp-server on cisco 1720 router

fbesselaar
Level 1
Level 1

Good day i have a 1720 cisco router and i am trying to get ftp working on it. But as per the documnetation i dont have an enable ftp-server option on the routers configration mode.

4 Replies 4

azazello_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

What version of IOS it's running?

Version 12.3(9), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

11.3 AA is when FTP-Server support was added to IOS.

this should be available in IP & IP Plus to name a couple as described by the feature navigator.

try to upgrade to 12.4 if you still have issues.

also, please see the following link for the feature navigator to determine if you exact version is capable of providing FTP Server support:

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

(search by image and/or platform if needed)

In looking at this question I have found several things that surprise me and make it difficult to provide an exact answer. I used the link that Greg provided to the Feature Navigator and tried to find a version that showed support for the ftp-server functionality on the 1720 platform. To my surprise I did not find one. I then used the Feature Navigator to check for support for ftp-server on a platform where I know that it is supported (I tested on the router and verified that the command shows up and is accepted). To my surprise the Feature Navigator did not show support for ftp-server on this platform either. So we have found a flaw in the Feature Navigator and it does not present accurate information about where this feature is supported.

I checked on a 1720 (running slightly older version of code) and found that the ftp-server command is not supported. I checked on a 1721 and find that it is supported. So I wonder if there is a platform specific issue that support for ftp-server may not be present on the 1720 platform. Perhaps someone from Cisco can clarify this issue.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: