Views
Helpful
Replies

enable password change through LMS 3.0.1

lambay2000
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I want to change enable secret on all the switches,if i changed with a net config will the LMS be able to complete the job and if does then will be able communicate with the devices for next or i have to go common services>Device and Credential Admin>Editing Device Credentials,and i have to change manually enable secret for all the switches.

Also i want to remove the secondary credentials from all the devices in common services(DCR)how can i do it?

I have installed

Common Services 3.1.1

Resource Manager Essentials 4.1.1

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, if you use the Enable Password template, the enable secret value will be automatically updated in DCR as that device's enable password. You will not have to do any manual DCR update.

Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, and select all the devices, then click Edit Credentials. Clear the fields you do not want to be populated, then click Finish when done.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, if you use the Enable Password template, the enable secret value will be automatically updated in DCR as that device's enable password. You will not have to do any manual DCR update.

Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, and select all the devices, then click Edit Credentials. Clear the fields you do not want to be populated, then click Finish when done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: