Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Enable SNMP discovery through external Interface

Hi All,

I'm trying to add some 2800 series routers to our monitoring environment, but I can't get them discovered.

Network setup:

Mgmt Server <----> Cisco 2800 <----Private T1----> (e)Cisco 2800(i) <----> (p)Managed Server

On the Mgmt Server I need to go through a "discovery" process to add the 2800 to the system. For this I target the internal interface ( i) but the discovery fails. I'm assuming the packets are getting dropped on the outside interface (e). I know SNMP is set up correctly and works as I had PRTG installed on a local box (p) for testing purposes.

The intention is to do the data gathering via a proxy agent (p), so enableing SNMP on the outside interface is not going to do me any good.

What do I need to do to let those discovery packets pass through? At least temporarily?

Thx in advance for help and/or pointers.

Rgds - Marcus.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Enable SNMP discovery through external Interface

Are your 2800s running a VPN tunnel over the Private T-1? Is IO Sfirewall in use? etc.

We'd need to have a look at the 2800 configuration to give you better advice.

Views
Helpful
Replies