Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling email debugs on CiscoWorks LMS

Hi all,

I configured my CiscoWorks LMS station to send email alerts. The problem I am having is that I am only able to send internal emails, when I configure the CiscoWorks to send emails to external email accounts (like hotmail, gmail or any other external domain) the alerts never arrive. I belive the problem is in the email server but I want to enable some debugs on the ciscoworks to check if the communication with the email server is fine. I know there is an option but I don't know what is the correct debug I need to turn on.

Do you have any suggestions?

regars

1 Reply 1

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It depends on which piece of the application you are using email notifications with. If you are using it for Syslog Automated Actions you'll want to turn on debugs for SyslogAnalyzer.

For something like DFM you would turn on NOS debugs:

DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > Logging

Put a Checkmark on Debugs for Notification Services

you can also look in the smtp.log in your logs directory and a sniffer/packet capture is a very useful tool to troubleshoot email issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: