Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

End-to-end layer-2 link with CPE administration

Dears

I am working on a scenario to monitor a CPE in a layer-2 setup. The CPE is connected with the local PE across a last mile with a single vlan from the provider. The customer has purchased layer-2 end-to-end connection from local CPE to remote CPE. Within MPLS core, I have configured x-connect between local PE and remote PE to setup layer-2 link. Within the CPEs, I am bridging both the interfaces of the the router to handover end-to-end layer-2 link to customer. I also need to manage and monitor the CPE. What I am thinking of doing is that I have two PE routers within the local POP. On primary PE router, i will extend lastmile vlan from the switch and configure x-connect to remote PE. On the backup PE router, i will extend the same lastmile vlan from the switch and configure IP address on the PE vrf enabled interface to be imported in management network. On the CPE, the interface with lastmile connection is concurrently configured with bridge and IP configuration.

I need to know if is this a standard setup of management for this type of solution and what could be the possible technical limitations/complications within this overall solution keeping in mind that it is a layer-2 end-to-end connection and what impact it can have on my core network.

Regards

1 REPLY

End-to-end layer-2 link with CPE administration

Hi All,

Can someone help me in this.

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies