cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Endhost data in Campus User Tracking

msalim
Level 1
Level 1

When I use Report generator from Campus User Tracking to run report on End Hosts with All Host Entries option, the report doesn't display ip & hostnames of endhosts connected to switches, shows only mac-address which I assume are the host mac-addresses and not the switch interfaces' mac-addresses. Our switches are running at layer2 and routing is provided by the FW. Is there any way ip & hostnames can be displayed when I run report? We are running LMS3.1

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, firewalls are not supported by Campus Manager since they do not support CDP. This means that UT will not be able to use them for obtaining ARP data.

What I have done as a workaround in my lab is to create a shadow router which sits next to the firewall. This router isn't really routing. All it does is collect ARP entries, and sends ICMP redirects for the firewall. All of the hosts on that VLAN point to the shadow router for routing, but are really routed by the firewall. It's not the prettiest workaround, but it will allow you to see layer 3 information in UT.

I use an old 2500, but any support Cisco router will work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: