Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EOS of LMS 3.1 support question.

Dears,

I am having a question regarding the EOS of the LMS 3.1, it will be end of support at the end of this year 2012, so I am wondering if I upgrade the LMS to 3.2 does this means that we can purchase and extend Cisco support for this LMS 3.2 or the product support is connected to its S/N and PAK?

Regards,

Muhannad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Following is the extract from LMS 3.2 EOS/EOl page :

You can renew a service contract for LMS 3.2 till July 4, 2013. Till then if you have an exisiting Smartnet/SNT contract you can add/extend you support contract. It does needs a serial number but that can too be updated by Cisco to mention it as LMS 3.2. But this is a bit in marketting and sales side so not that confirm. Some of the Ciscoworks Customer for Cisco in Forum may comment or you can probably check it with you Cisco Accounts Manager on this.

But one thing for sure there is no issues with lic or support after upgrade and niether you should face any issue for contract renewal if on time.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Muhannad,

LMS 3.x is series of patches and mega patches with new features and bug fixes. once purchased you don't need new license for LMS 3.x be it LMS 3.0, LMS 3.0.1, LMS 3.1, LMS 3.2 or LMS 3.2.1.

Moving to LMS 3.2, you have two options and following actions are needed to stay licensed:

> Upgrade the existing server from LMS 3.1 --> LMS 3.2: This will automatically take license and hence no action is required

>Fresh install of LMS 3.2 : YOu should have the backup of previous License which can be installed on LMS 3.2 as well. If you dont have the backup, take a backup of $NMSROOT/etc/license/ directory which has all ciscoworks licenses in it.

For more details please check the guide :

Performing Installation of CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution 3.2

If planning to do a fresh install, if on windows consider this guide important:

Tips For a Successful Installation of LMS on Windows

-Thanks

Vinod

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your answer.

Also i need to check a point, in case i upgrade the LMS 3.1 (it will be End of support at the end of this year) to LMS 3.2 (it will be end of support in 2014), does this mean that i will be able to renew my smart support to the new upgraded LMS, regardless that my original product that has been purchased from Cisco is LMS 3,1,  ( Does Cisco record my product with its PAK, S/N and version or updraing will give me the chance to be able to buy new smart support for the LMS in the coming year?

Thanks,

Muhannad

Following is the extract from LMS 3.2 EOS/EOl page :

You can renew a service contract for LMS 3.2 till July 4, 2013. Till then if you have an exisiting Smartnet/SNT contract you can add/extend you support contract. It does needs a serial number but that can too be updated by Cisco to mention it as LMS 3.2. But this is a bit in marketting and sales side so not that confirm. Some of the Ciscoworks Customer for Cisco in Forum may comment or you can probably check it with you Cisco Accounts Manager on this.

But one thing for sure there is no issues with lic or support after upgrade and niether you should face any issue for contract renewal if on time.

-Thanks

Thanks for your support.