cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error in communicating with DCR Server. in LMS 3.1

9tgonzalez
Level 1
Level 1

I am receiving this error when I try to ad device: Error in communicating with DCR Server.
DCR Server may be down. Please start the DCR Server and then refresh the page.

The DCRserver is running. ( I did restart it)

I am using Windows version of LMS 3.1

CiscoWorks Common Services 3.2.0 Licensed Not applicable
Campus Manager 5.1.4 Purchased 300
CiscoView 6.1.8 Licensed Not applicable
CiscoWorks Assistant 1.1.0 Licensed Not applicable
Device Fault Manager 3.1.3 Purchased 300
Internetwork Performance Monitor 4.1.0 Purchased 300
Integration Utility 1.8.0 Licensed Not applicable
LMS Portal 1.1.0 Licensed Not applicable
Resource Manager Essentials 4.2.0 Purchased 300
Health and Utilization Monitor 1.1.0 Evaluation(Expired) 100

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

As per the errors and exception your self sign certificate for LMS seeems to be expired.  Kindly re-generate certificate from the command line as per below step.

Note :- When it promot you to enter the hostname of the server, kindly enter only the hostname of server and not FQDN. You can check the hostname with the command hostname from CLI.

a.Stop Daemons
c:\net stop crmdmgtd

b. Remove server.* under NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\conf\ssl

c. Run the following commands:
NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\bin\ConfigSSL.pl -disable
NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\bin\ConfigSSL.pl -enable (fill up
the certificate info)

If you are not using SSL connectivity to CiscoWorks

d.Restart Daemons
c:\net start crmdmgtd

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Hi,

This issue most likely is related to a communication problem with the database or a corruption as we can see from the logs :

2010/11/21 19:44:41 main ani ERROR POStore: Failed resolving object because: java.lang.NullPointerException
2010/11/21 19:44:41 main ani ERROR AniMain: java.lang.NullPointerException
ANI Server failed to load from the database.
Please stop and restart the system. You may need to re-initialize the database.
If this does not work, please contact technical support.

The next step is to re-initialize the Campus Manager database. This procedure will delete all the records and maps that you have in Campus Manager, you would need to run a new Campus Data Collection and User Tracking Acquisition to have clean and fresh database information.

If that ok with you, you can try the below steps to re-initialize the Campus database. By doing this, it will not effect any other database of LMS will clean Campus Manager database.

+) Stop the daemon manager:
net stop crmdmgtd

+) cd CSCOpx\bin\

+) Type the following command (case sensitive):
perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

+) Start the daemon manager:
net start crmdmgtd

Now, wait another 15 minutes and wait for dmgtd.lock file to release from location CSCOpx\objects\dmgtd\ready.

Now check the status of ANIServer with command :- pdshow ANIServer ( case sensitive)

it should have the status Busy with Flag set.

Thanks,
Gaganjeet

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Though its too early to metion that we are hitting a bug here. But its worthwhile to check this famous bug for this issue in LMS 3.1

BUG ID = CSCsu84143

You can cview this bug at the below link :-

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?caller=pluginredirector&method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsu84143

Patch is available at the below link :-

http://tools.cisco.com/search/JSP/search-results.get?strQueryText=download+patch+for+CSCsu84143&Search+All+cisco.com=cisco.com&language=en&country=US&thissection=f&accessLevel=Guest

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

I installed the patch but I still have the same problem. Any more ideas?

Thanks.

Hi,

Kindly post the dcr.log, dcrserver.log from location CSCOpx\log and pdshow output like :-

c:\pdshow > c:\pdshow.txt

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Thanks for your help! here are the files: (dcr.log was 0 bytes so I did not attach)

Hi,

As per the errors and exception your self sign certificate for LMS seeems to be expired.  Kindly re-generate certificate from the command line as per below step.

Note :- When it promot you to enter the hostname of the server, kindly enter only the hostname of server and not FQDN. You can check the hostname with the command hostname from CLI.

a.Stop Daemons
c:\net stop crmdmgtd

b. Remove server.* under NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\conf\ssl

c. Run the following commands:
NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\bin\ConfigSSL.pl -enable (fill up
the certificate info)

If you are not using SSL connectivity to CiscoWorks

d.Restart Daemons
c:\net start crmdmgtd

Thanks,

Hi,

Not only your DCR server is down, rather there are few important services which should be up, they are also down and whole fuctionallity of CiscoWorks is effected at the moment. After re-generating the certificates, all these issue should  be fixed.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Thanks for your help, I'm up and running!

My "ConfigSSL.pl" script in tha apache directory so I ran the following:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl -disable

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl -enable

Oops, I'm still having a problem. The Aniserver is not running (fails after restart).

I have attached the ani.log

Thanks.

Hi

This is another issue and not related with Ceritficate error. Kindly post the following to fix it :-

1. pdshow output ( c:\pdshow > pdshow2.txt)

2  Two files from location :- d:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\ANIServer.properties and ANIServer.properties.orig

3. Screenshot of CiscoWorks services from (Start > Run > services.msc) showing what is the status of ANIServer.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Here are the files. I also included a screenshot of the processes.

Hi,

Kindly post ANIServer.log from the location CSCOpx\log

Thanks

Gaganjeet

Here are the logs.

Thanks.

Hi,

This issue most likely is related to a communication problem with the database or a corruption as we can see from the logs :

2010/11/21 19:44:41 main ani ERROR POStore: Failed resolving object because: java.lang.NullPointerException
2010/11/21 19:44:41 main ani ERROR AniMain: java.lang.NullPointerException
ANI Server failed to load from the database.
Please stop and restart the system. You may need to re-initialize the database.
If this does not work, please contact technical support.

The next step is to re-initialize the Campus Manager database. This procedure will delete all the records and maps that you have in Campus Manager, you would need to run a new Campus Data Collection and User Tracking Acquisition to have clean and fresh database information.

If that ok with you, you can try the below steps to re-initialize the Campus database. By doing this, it will not effect any other database of LMS will clean Campus Manager database.

+) Stop the daemon manager:
net stop crmdmgtd

+) cd CSCOpx\bin\

+) Type the following command (case sensitive):
perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

+) Start the daemon manager:
net start crmdmgtd

Now, wait another 15 minutes and wait for dmgtd.lock file to release from location CSCOpx\objects\dmgtd\ready.

Now check the status of ANIServer with command :- pdshow ANIServer ( case sensitive)

it should have the status Busy with Flag set.

Thanks,
Gaganjeet

I think I'm fixed.

Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: