Views
Helpful
Replies

Error in communicating with IPMProcess or IpmDbEngine

j.baez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I have a problem with IPM module. Everytime i try to access to this module it always appears the following error "Error in communicating with IPMProcess or IpmDbEngine. It may be down or not yet up. Please make sure processes are up and running". Then i go over the processes link and it shows:

IpmDbEngineProgram started - No mgt msgs received

IPMOGSServerProgram started - No mgt msgs received

IPMProcessAdministrator has shut down this server

... so i start the IPMProcess, then i go back to any of the IPM configuration links but still show me the same error.

Could you tell me how tosolve this problem??

I am working with LMS 3.1 and the IPM version is 4.1

Regards,

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the impserver.log and IPMProcess.log.

Hi,

I have attached the logs that refer to IPM somehow. There are only 2 logs more that i am not forwarding because they have no info at all (IPMOGSclient.log and also IPMOGSserver.log)

Hope this information helps.

If you need more info please ask for it.

Thank you,

The server is localized for Spanish.  Set the locale back to US English, then restart Daemon Manager.  If the IPMProcess fails again, post the new IPMProcess.log.

Here you are with the ipmlog file... i did what you recommended but after restarting the daemon manager it did not start again. Now i can not get through any of the modules as well.

After that i restarted the server but nothing good happened either.

What else could i do to fix this serious problem folk??

I still see the errors localized in Spanish.  In the Regional and Language Options control panel, make sure the Standards and Formats is set to "English (United States)", and Location is set to "United States".

I have set the regional parameters as you indicated. It remains with the same problem. I revised the IPMProcess log but it did not have any changes thus i am not uploading it.

I looked over the services window and realized that Daemon manager is not started so i tried to do so but it doesn't start. Any suggestions to run that service first?? cause actually i know that if daemon manager doesn't work then any of the modules is going to respond anyway.

Regards,

I think I responded to the Daemon Manager issue in another thread.  Check there for what to look at.

Yes you did and that problem has been solved already. Thanks for that one. However this issue still goes on. what should i need to do to get this one done???

If the locale has been fixed, and the problem persists, post the new log files.

i posted the new log but its data is still the same as the previos one.

looking forward your answer,

The server is still localized for Spanish.  The errors are in Spanish, but would not be if the locale is set to US English.  I'm not sure how you have set this server up, but locales other than US English and Japanese are not supported by LMS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco