Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Error in UT report: Recently down - Cat4506

I have an error in this report:

Campus Manager-Campus User Tracking-Reports-Report Generator-Switch Port Usage-Recently Down

Trunk port Gi1/1 is reported

Operating Status: down

Admin Status: down

But status on device is connected.

This is trunk port and communicating port.

Does have anybody any idea, what to do?

thanks

sarka

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Error in UT report: Recently down - Cat4506

It could be that your Data Collection and User Tracking data is out of date. You should try running a new Data Collection and UT acquisition for this switch. If the report is still incorrect, get an snmpwalk of the ifTable as that will show if there is an SNMP bug related to if*Status reporting.

I have being running a new Data Collection and UT acquisition, but report have been still incorrect.

I got an snmpwalk and both statuses are up

ifAdminStatus.2 up

ifOperStatus.2 up

But report is still incorrect

Cisco Employee

Since the report is the recently down report, it could be that the link is bouncing, and Campus Manager is picking up both the up and down states. It might help to get a packet capture of all SNMP traffic to that switch during a Data Collection to see what Campus sees. Additionally, enabling core and corex Data Collection debugging may help.

These steps would be better performed if you opened a TAC Service Request as the resulting data may be large and of a sensitive nature security-wise.

Views
Helpful
Replies