CM 5.1.3

ciscoview 6.1.8

CW assistant 1.1.0

DFM 3.1.3

IPM 4.1.0

integration utility 1.8.0

LMS Portal 1.1.0

RME 4.2.0

The server is virtualised on an ESX 3.5 platform as per the required server spec. We have been experiencing problems with JRM process not starting and I have tracked this down to EssentialsDM being stuck in "waiting to initalise" state however even if I stop the EddentialsDM process and start it manually it still will not run normally. Any help will be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

EssentialsDM needs to be able to start within two minutes. If there is a problem with performance on this server, that could stick the process in a waiting state. Post the EssentialsDM.log and EssentialsDM_Server.log.

Please see log files below. We currenltly have 430 devices registered in RMS,DFM,IPM and CS. The server is setup as a master and we have a syslog collector server as a slave, the Os is Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Enterprise hosted on ESX 3.5. Our master server has 5Gb Ram and Quad-Core AMD Opteron 2.30 GHz processors.

This could point to a port conflict. Shutdown Daemon Manager, then post the output of the command:

netstat -a -n -o -b

Please see attached output file from the netstat command. Thanks

This looks fine, but I'm worried about TmPfw.exe. This is a host-based firewall. Try disabling this, and see if the problems with LMS go away.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: