Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Export Data for Prime Infrastructure

I started an Export for Prime Infrastructure on my LMS 4.2.3 box several days ago and it is still running.  There are approximately 3600 devices being exported from LMS I am guessing it should not take this long.  Would like to kill the process but I am not sure which one to stop?

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

ohh.. I thought ..you are doing it otherway ..

Restart the LMS services then.. (/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop  && /etc/init.d/dmgtd start)

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

try to restart the PI ( ncs stop  and ncs start) ,as such there is no specific process to kill with respect to the senario.

after this ..check the device count in PI.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful  post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

ncs stop and start are PI commands the export was run on LMS 4.2.4 appliance which does not have these commands?

Cisco Employee

ohh.. I thought ..you are doing it otherway ..

Restart the LMS services then.. (/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop  && /etc/init.d/dmgtd start)

Thanks-

Afroz

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Export Data for Prime Infrastructure

That would be lms he'd need to restart Afroz.

Depending on the platform:

Net stop crmdmgtd then net start crmdmgtd (Windows server)
Application stop LMS / application start LMS ( soft or physical appliance)

There is probably an individual process you could restart but I don't have it at my fingertips. I haven't exported one that big but usually it would only be a matter of minutes to complete. It's just a simple csv file.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

pdshow -brief showed numerous jobs that were not running (~50 numeric Processes), using pdreg -u I removed them and then performed a /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop & start.

Thanks for your help

Views
Helpful
Replies