Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

exporting Mibs

I need to supply to a 3rd party SNMP management system all of the MIBs we will use for an assortment of Cisco platforms, switches,routers and firewalls. It seems like a large task to go to the website, go thru all of the MIBs download the relevant ones and pass them on. I am wondering if it is possible and/or easier to export what is on the systems and then add or subtract from there.

Thanks

4 REPLIES
Red

Re: exporting Mibs

If you mean exporting the MIBs from the routers, firewalls and switches, that is not feasible.

download the actual nmidb file from Cisco and extract it; I think its a good point to start with as this is the file 3rd party integration is done with. You will get it if you download the Cisco View files for an IOS switch like any 35xx. The actual version is nmidb.1.0.087.zip

HTH

MArtin

Can you add a link to the download ? I can't find the File on Cisco.com.

You need to have a valid Cisco login to download it. Copy the following link in the location bar of you browser (IE must be set to do passive ftp!) and replace userid and userPW with your account

ftp://userid:userPW@ftp.cisco.com/cisco/netmgmt/ciscoview/5.0/packages/nmidb.1.0.087.zip.

The package includes all actual mibs and traps.

HTH,

Martin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content