Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

faliure in capturing configuratin archive

Hi,

I am using LMS 2.5. in this when i go to RME-config-archive mgmt........ than it shows some devices failed n give error for these devices"Failed to fetch config using RCP.Connection refused: connect Verify RCP is enabled or not." Can anyone tell me that how i can verify and if disable than how can enable it???????

thanks

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: faliure in capturing configuratin archive

Its a misleading message. Typically what I've seen with this message after going back and manually checking these devices via CLI is that they're offline and/or unreachable from the LMS server thats trying to poll them. Another reason is credential mismatch between the server and device.

Hi akemp,

firstly thanx for reply. can u tell me how i wil chk credentials mismatch?

Cisco Employee

You might want to enable debugs for config archive to see what exactly is failing:

RME>Admin>System Preferences >Loglevel Settings

Select ArchiveMgmt application and then set both options to DEBUG and apply

Now go to RME > Config Management > Archive Management > Sync Archive

Select a few of the failing device (not all of them) and run an immediate job

Once the job completes look at the details of the Job as well as the dcmaservice.log to see what is happening exactly.

Cisco Employee

In addition to the other comments, if you really do want to use RCP, and the device in question is running IOS 12.4 or later, then RME will not be able to fetch the configs. This is due to CSCsd65623 and CSCsd65634. This will be fixed in LMS 2.6 due out this September.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content