Views
Helpful
Replies

Feature template is in grey

talmadari
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

While trying to configure a new template (in this case NTP template) i'm not able to change template settings and getting the fields in grey (see image attached). does anyone knows why?

Also if i already have an NTP server configured on my devices, how do i replace them with new ones?

NTP_TEMPLATE.jpg

Regards,

Tal

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

H Tal,

The procedure for applying configs to devices in PIis to create, publish, deploy templates. 

First navigate to Design -> Feature Design.  There exists some 'canned'
templates, but for most configurations you wish to apply to a device running NTP you would
simply use the CLI template.  Expand CLI Templates -> Click 'CLI' -> give it a name
and enter the commands to wish to apply (you don't need to enter config t) -> Save as
New Template
-> There is now a button named 'Publish', click it -> Deploy ->
select the appropriate devices.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

***Ratings Encourages Contributors***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

Thanks for your quick replay, i know how to configure NTP using CLI template but on my devices i already have NTP server configured (each is using different IP) and i was looking for a way to configure on all devices (more then 500) a new NTP server while removing the old ones.

I hoped to achive this goal using the feature template but as i mentioned it's marked in grey so i can't type any values in it!?

Cheers,

Tal

Hi Tal,

Removing the existing and adding New NTP server info to the device can be achived via feature called compliance check .

unfortunately this is not yet supported in 2.0 . however it planned for the coming PI release.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Rating Encourages the Contributors***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: