Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Feature template is in grey

Hey,

While trying to configure a new template (in this case NTP template) i'm not able to change template settings and getting the fields in grey (see image attached). does anyone knows why?

Also if i already have an NTP server configured on my devices, how do i replace them with new ones?

NTP_TEMPLATE.jpg

Regards,

Tal

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

H Tal,The procedure for

H Tal,

The procedure for applying configs to devices in PIis to create, publish, deploy templates. 

First navigate to Design -> Feature Design.  There exists some 'canned'
templates, but for most configurations you wish to apply to a device running NTP you would
simply use the CLI template.  Expand CLI Templates -> Click 'CLI' -> give it a name
and enter the commands to wish to apply (you don't need to enter config t) -> Save as
New Template
-> There is now a button named 'Publish', click it -> Deploy ->
select the appropriate devices.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

***Ratings Encourages Contributors***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Community Member

Hi Afroz, Thanks for your

Hi Afroz,

Thanks for your quick replay, i know how to configure NTP using CLI template but on my devices i already have NTP server configured (each is using different IP) and i was looking for a way to configure on all devices (more then 500) a new NTP server while removing the old ones.

I hoped to achive this goal using the feature template but as i mentioned it's marked in grey so i can't type any values in it!?

Cheers,

Tal

Cisco Employee

Hi Tal,Removing the existing

Hi Tal,

Removing the existing and adding New NTP server info to the device can be achived via feature called compliance check .

unfortunately this is not yet supported in 2.0 . however it planned for the coming PI release.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Rating Encourages the Contributors***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content