Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find ports w/ more than x # of mac addresses

Is there a way in Cisco Works to find ports that have more than x # of mac addresses? We're trying to find any ports with unmanaged mini hubs connected to a switch.

If there's a better way, we're open to suggestions.

TIA

8 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Find ports w/ more than x # of mac addresses

There is a Campus Manager report which will show you ports with multiple MAC addresses. Go to Campus Manager > User Tracking > Reports > Report Generator > Duplicates. This will show you all ports which have at least two learned MAC addresses.

is there a way to change from two or more to say 5 or more?

sb

Cisco Employee

No, the report is only for ports with MACs > 1. However, you can export this report to CSV, then run a post-export script to list the ports with more than five.

I'm also not sure how to read this report. Does Best Practice Deviation list the # of mac's seen? I was thinking it would show access port fax/x has 3 mac addresses, or something like that.

Cisco Employee

For every port which has more than one learned MAC, the details for each MAC is listed in the report. For example, if switchA port Fa0/1 has three MACs, you will see three entries each having device name switchA and port Fa0/1.

This is not a best practice deviation, but a different report altogether.

Is there anyway to customize this report, or build a custom report so that it does the same thing with subtle changes. The reason I ask is because the report generated for me lists all the mac address per port, even if it is just a single mac. Is it possibly a bug?

Cisco Employee

Please start a new thread for your issue.

ok will do.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content