Views
Helpful
Replies

From LMS 2.6 To LMS 3.0

MathieuJM_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

What is the best way to migrate LMS 2.6 to LMS 3.0 ?

Should I backup my 2.6 database then install 3.0 and eventually import my database ?

Cheers

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A clean installation of 3.0 is always best. To do that, you would perform an LMS backup under 2.6, uninstall 2.6, then install 3.0. Once you get 3.0 updated and patched, then restore the 2.6 backup.

Note: the backup you take in 2.6 for purposes of migrating to 3.0 is not a typical LMS backup. There is a wrapper utility which must be run to capture the IPM data as well. This is documented in the LMS 3.0 installation guide as a remote upgrade.

Thank you for your answer. So definitively a clean install is better than an upgrade.

A last question.

I have a LMS 2.6 for demo installed in our lab. I try to install a LMS 3.0 on it, but when comes the screen for licensing LMS i only have the choice to select a licencense file, and i cannot choose to install LMS3.0 as a demo version. Is a normal behaviour ? HOw to test the upgrade from 2.6 to 3.0 with a demo version ?

You cannot upgrade an LMS 2.6 eval or demo license to an LMS 3.0 eval or demo license. This is expected behavior.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: