Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FWSM running config in RME archive is not complete

I have a few FWSM contexts (Version 3.2(7)) which always appear in the Startup and Running Out-Of-Sync report.

The obvious reason is, that the "show running-config" command on the FWSM hides "asdm" commands, while "show startup" does include them.

IMHO, hiding commands from "show runn" is an insane idea in the first place. But I don't think I have a chance to get this fixed.

RME should cope with this problem, anyway.

The obviuos workaround would be to use "show running-config all" to archive the uncrippled running config.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: FWSM running config in RME archive is not complete

I saw the internal discussion. There is apparently a lot of history on this, but a bug has been filed (CSCsx31925).

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You could also add the asdm commands to the list of excluded commands under RME > Admin > Config Mgmt. This should get your report working for the time being.

Yes, thanks. I know that it would make the symptom disappear. But I'd rather see my config

archived completely.

Are you going to have that problem fixed?

Cisco Employee

I'm unable to completely evaluate such a fix, as I don't have any FWSMs. I suggest you open a TAC Service request so a bug can be filed.

Ok, I've opened SR 610551953.

My SE has completely missed the point. :-(

I'm trying to get a more seasoned engineer...

Cisco Employee

I saw the internal discussion. There is apparently a lot of history on this, but a bug has been filed (CSCsx31925).

Fixing the FWSM is a better solution than I dared to expect. Many thanks to Ramses who got that bug filed.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content