Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FWSM SNMPv2c

Alright,

Here I go again...We had configured one of our FWSM's to allow snmpv2c / ssh to archive the configs. All went well...finally got it working, thanks to JClarke....so, I'm in doing the same thing, exact procedure with a different FWSM...From CW, SSH credentials test good. I can SSH to the interface on the firewall from the CW server all appears good.

However, when I attempt to SNMP walk, or test the community string from within CW, it fails with "Wrong Credentials". this seems like a trivial problem. But have verified the credentials and have even changed them (longer/more complex) and still, same error...verified ACL to the interface on the FWSM (allows IP any/any) any thoughts on this particular "wrong credentials" prob...

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: FWSM SNMPv2c

The same suggestions I offered before still apply. You must allow the LMS server to poll the FWSM:

snmp-server host Vlan10 10.1.1.1 poll community public

Beyond that, use a sniffer to make sure the SNMP packets are making it to the FWSM, and that the community string is, in fact, correct.

Views
Helpful
Replies