cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FYI - LMS 4.2 is Out

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I just noticed the Release Notes and other documentation for LMS 4.2 is now up on the product support section of cisco.com.

The product bulletin and data sheet information page have not yet been updated.

5 Replies 5

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Thanks for the notification Marvin.

Looks like it was out there since the the 9th of February.

Still hope one of these day I get a mail from cisco telling me a new version is out.

Cheers,

Michel

There does seem to be a file in CCO called “Cisco_Prime_LAN_Management_Solution_4_2-upgrade.tar.gz” to upgrade from LMS 4.1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.2/install/guide/instl.html#wp1641409

This “Cisco_Prime_LAN_Management_Solution_4_2-upgrade.tar.gz” file is only for linux.

The problem is that it seems that LMS 4.2 needs a proper 4.2 license and on the www.cisco.com/upgrade I see

no upgrades available to LMS 4.2, only to LMS 4.1.

HI,

Can someone tell me how to become a proper LMS prime 4.2 license?

I need to update form lms 4.2 to lms 4.2. I have the tar.gz file downloaded. Can I install right away over prime 4.1 without license issue, in other words: is the license lms 4.1 the same as lms 4.2?

kind regards

Ad

You will need a new .lic file to be generated and applied to your 4.2 installation to give you a valid non-evaluation license type.

If you have SAS support contract for your LMS, I would recommend you call the TAC and open a case with the licensing team. At last check, the upgrade tool was not yet configured to offer the upgrade fulfillment online.

Per this guide:

"Ordering Information for Existing Cisco Prime LMS 4.x Customers

1. Determine the total license count for your existing Cisco Prime LMS 4.x product and order the equivalent number of Cisco Prime Infrastructure minor release upgrade licenses as listed in Table 3. When using the Cisco Ordering Tool enter the part number R-PI-1.1-MR-K9 to access the options. If you have an active SAS contract on LMS 4.x you can use the product upgrade tool to order Cisco Prime Infrastructure 1.1 at no charge. Visit http://www.cisco.com/upgrade."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: