cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GEC Bundle traffic.

londint
Level 1
Level 1

We have just configured a GEC bundle between two interfaces on a Cat6509 and 2 x Cat 3550 over a 1GB Link.

So we have

Cat 6509 --- Cat 3550

g9/1 --- g0/1

g9/2 --- g0/2

And I was expecting the flow of traffic between the links to be divided between the 2 links but the attached is what I get.

How can I get it to be more evenly distributed?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

Traffic in an EtherChannel is distributed across the individual bundled links in a deterministic fashion. However, the load is not necessarily balanced equally across all the links. Instead, frames are forwarded on a specific link as a result of a hashing

algorithm. The algorithm can use source IP address, destination IP address, or a combination of source and destination IP addresses, source and destination MAC addresses,or TCP/UDP numbers.To set the load-distribution method among the ports in the bundle, use the port-channel load-balance command. Refer URL

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/cmdref/p1.htm#wp1021955

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: