Level 1

How I can generate report for the interfaces/devices that contain:

ip helper-address 10.32.2.2

from ciscoworks 2.6 with RME 4.0.5

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Go to RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Search Archive. Then enter your pattern of "ip helper-address 10.32.2.2", and select all Normal devices in RME.

the below message is shown when i click search:

HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

I select 3200 devices, version: all, view type: version

When I select 3200 devices, version: latest, view type: version, the message is:

No configs found for the specified search pattern.

note: i changed the Archive Location to different location

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The following script can be easily adopted to list all the interfaces with a specific attribute:

#!/usr/bin/ksh

# search for interfaces with "ip helper-address 10.32.2.2" in RME archive

find /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/devfiles -name RUNNING -type d |grep -v START |grep -v proc |grep -v VLAN |grep -v drw |grep -v total |grep -v "\/assoc" |grep -v "[PRIMARY|RUNNING]:" | sort -t "/" -n -k 2 | while read PATH;

do

NEWESTDIR=`/usr/bin/ls -1t $PATH | /usr/bin/head -1`

NEWESTDIRFULL="${PATH}/${NEWESTDIR}"

NEWESTCONFIG=`/usr/bin/ls -latr ${NEWESTDIRFULL} | /usr/bin/grep ^- | /usr/bin/tail -1 | /usr/bin/head -1 | /usr/bin/awk '{print $9}'`

NEWESTCONFIGFULL="${NEWESTDIRFULL}/${NEWESTCONFIG}"

HOSTNAME=`/usr/bin/cat ${NEWESTCONFIGFULL} | /usr/bin/grep -i hostname`

IPHELPER=`/usr/bin/nawk 'BEGIN{RS="!";FS="\n"}/ip helper-address 10.32.2.2/{print $2}' < ${NEWESTCONFIGFULL}`

echo ">>>${HOSTNAME}\n\n ${IPHELPER} \n\n ***end here***\n\n"

done

after running script, the result is not correct, some of devices hasn't "ip helper-address 10.32.2.2" at all and some of them print sh command as attached

Could you post an example of an interface with this ip helper-address, with sensitive info xxx'ed out of course?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: