Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Getting past "Fetch VLAN configuration - Command failed" errors in Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 - How?

I've got a handful of devices in Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 which show up in the "Archive Failed Devices" view.  The "Failure Reason" is some variation of "Fetch VLAN configuration - Command failed" sometimes including "TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to x.x.x.x".  What does this mean?  How do I overcome this?  In all cases, the device is configured to use SSH and has valid SSH credentials.  In all cases, I can SSH from the command line of the NCS appliance to the devices listed in the "Archive Failed Devices" view.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi , Is the job failing with

Hi ,

Is the job failing with "partial collection failure"  ?

Any specific type of devices it is failing ?

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

HiI was able to fix the

Hi

I was able to fix the "Fetch VLAN configuration - Command failed" by allowing tftp from the device to PI server in firewall. See if this can help.

Thanks that sorted my problem

Thanks that sorted my problem. :)

Views
Helpful
Replies