cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help me understand Change Audits and Config backups...

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

How does RME know a configuration change has been made to a device and back that config up? Does it rely on the configured schedule or does something get sent to RME from the device? If it does, does syslog have to be setup for that to occur or is it something else?

I guess I have really the same questions on how the configuration audit works.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

*Apr 23 04:42:25: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by vty0 (14.32.100.33)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

It is based on syslog

RME -> Admin -> Config Management -> General Setup -> Change Probe Setup

Thank you.

Oh yea. One more question. What is the logged message for this and what severity is it? I'm in the process of configuring the devices to log their messages to a syslog server. I've done quiet a few and hope I didn't screw up by logging levels starting at 4(warning),3,2,2,1 and 0. I have a feeling this message is higher...a 5 or 6. If so, I did mess up!!

*Apr 23 04:42:25: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by vty0 (14.32.100.33)

That's what I was afraid of....

I guess I'm gonna have to change all of the ones I've configured to start at 5 and not 4!

Oh well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: