Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Cisco Network Assistant

ccbcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm using Cisco Network Assistant v5.5 and I recently added a switch WS-C2960-48TC-L with IOS 12.2(55)SE-LAN-BASE-CRYPTO.

Now using CNA I try ti get the list of MAC but the software show a error about read-only access, but the configured access for all the switch it is the same Read-Write.

The complete message is: "The software version of the selected switch does not support some of the CLI commands in read-only mode for this window. You must have read-write access to this switch to display complete information in this window.

That happens when I use: CNA>Configure>Switching>MAC Addresses

When I configure the CNA community I choose read-write access level with the Secret Passqord for all the switchs, so I don'y understand how to specify the read-write access again or if I have to do something in the new switch.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

ccbcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm still without understand this behaviour, but what I did was installing the IOS 12.2(53)SE2-LAN-BASE without Crypto and CNA could read the MAC Address table from switch.

If anyone can explain me what happened I appreciate.

Thanks.

Hi there,

I'm having the same problems as you

Maybe I'll try to downgrade the IOS. I use the MAC-address feature almost every day

Regards,

Hi Niels,

Thanks for write.

I believe the problems has to be related with the IOS 12.2(55)SE-LAN-BASE-CRYPTO. Beside try with IOS 12.2(53)SE2-LAN-BASE. I try with 12.2(53)SE2-LAN-BASE-CRYPTO too and Cisco Network Assistant works great. So I did the same downgrade with all 2960s.

Regards.

joacim.ronnbom
Level 1
Level 1

Isn't your WS-C2960-48TC-L an unknown device in CNA? It is in my installation. Maybe depending on IOS version?

Found out myself in forum, I got a C2960S, not supported, but yours probably are.

Hi Joacim,

Thanks for write,

The device is completely recognized by CNA. I had a similar situation with a C2960-48PST-L but the last update of CNA solve it and all the devices are supported so far. Now I have CNA version 5.5. Maybe there will be you inconvenient.

And the other hand, with my problem I overcome with a downgrade to 12.2(53)SE2-LAN-BASE-CRYPTO (before I tried with 12.2(53)SE2-LAN-BASE) and now I can get in the MAC Address option of CNA.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco