Views
Helpful
Replies

Highqueuedroprate error in DFM

mkareemashraf
Level 1
Level 1

Hello sir,

We are using Ciscoworks lms 3.0 in our network.

Frequently, we are getting the following error through mail from DFM.

EVENT DESCRIPTION = HighQueueDropRate::Component=IF-ROUTER-1/13 [AT1/0/0];ComponentClass=Interface;ComponentEventCode=1053;Type=SONET;OutputPacketQueueDropPct=1.3081062 %;MaxSpeed=150000000;OutputPacketQueueDropRate=3.3625 PPS;OutputPacketNoErrorR

The polling and threshold setting are default in DFM manager.

We had changed the queue drop threshold to 4% by default it is 1% still I am getting the same error message.

Note: we are getting these errors at peak hours when the users are not connected in network.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards

Ashraf

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you changed the threshold from 1 to 4%, and you're still seeing events with a percentage < 4%, then most likely you did not apply your changes after making them. Re-verify the threshold is set to 4%, then go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Apply Changes. After running that, the new settings will be applied on the DfmServer processes, and the new thresholds will take effect.

Thanks for your support.

we have done these changes many times and applied changes in polling and thresholds.

After that again we are getting the same error through mails.

Any alternate solution for over come this problem.

i have attach the screen shot of the polling parameters .

Please review it.

thanks,

Polling parameters have nothing to do with this. What are the threshold settings for the Router device class?

sorry,i had attached the polling parameter file.

I attaching the new file for the ATM interface threshold setting.

please help us.

thanks,

Click on the View button for this threshold group, then click on the View Interfaces link to make sure this interface is actually in the ATM group. You may be modifying the threshold of the wrong group.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: