Views
Helpful
Replies

Homepage Server Name changed from FQDN to hostname only

helexis
Level 1
Level 1

Multiserver setup.

Although I haven't changed the hostnames...the application registrations and the certificates for each of the servers have been toggled between using FQDN and just shortname alone. Upon recommendation that we register the applications and generate the certificates using the short hostname, I have done so and reimported the peer certificates. In addition I had the FQDN listed as the Homepage Server Name in Home Page Admin > Settings. So it was also modified to show the shortname.

I also unregistered all remote applications.

Upon rebooting both servers, the LMS Portal had no portlets configured in it. It also had no radio buttons to select public or private view. I can access the pages by directly navigating the each applications URL (CS, CM, IPM) but the portal is just wiped out. I assume that is because the portal is based on the Home Page Server Name. Is there a directory where the old site's settings were stored?

4 Replies 4

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

When you change the hostname, there is an utility you need to run:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_common_services_software/3.2/user/guide/diagnos.html#wp1158297

Did you change from hostname to FQDN ?

Yes...once before...then back to hostname today... in the past when changing from hostname to FQDN this script wouldn't run because the hostname didn't change.

LMS obviously knows the difference and behaves differently.

The hostnamechange.pl however doesn't appear to recognize the difference.

This whole concept has yet to be explained to me effectively.

I find it very important in a multiserver environment with multiple domains on campus. Some users are accessing the web interface from another domain so NIC settings don't append the right suffix when CiscoWorks only calls the link by its shortname.

Originally I was trying to get all the links to use FQDN.

LMS doesn't seem to like FQDNs at all.

I realize that I probably need manually update what the hostnamechange script would...

Doing that now. :)

I have scanned through all locations manually and had to make NO changes to the hostname.

Except the CMF database table entries which I am assuming don't need to be changed either.

Other ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco