cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how can I get a \"Detailed device report\" with complete info

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Has anybody found a way to dump complete Device Information into a csv file?

If I use the \"Detailed Device Report\" from RME the follwing information is missing in the sequence --Processor Port Interface--

portDuplexStatus;

vlanId and vlanName - of a port (as a minimum from the nativeVlan of the port)

and the status of \"isTrunking\"

as well I can not found any Information about VTP status of a device like

vtpDomain; vtpMode; vtpServer;vtpVersion

I need this information as well.

Another thing is that the csv file contains CR (CarriageReturn) and commas inside a value field, so it could not easily parsed-

along with the fact that the speed of the a port is listed as e.g.

9.535107 (for 10 Mbit)

953.5106 (for 1000 Mbit)

and so on

Do others also have these problems, so that perhaps Cisco will change this in a patch and not the next version?

regards;

MArtin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately, there is no way to export these kind of port details from Campus Manager from the command line.

As for CSV processing, your parser needs to be able to handle the case where a field begins with a double quote ('"'). In that case, you need to keep reading until you get a terminating quote. Attached is some Perl code I wrote to process the "Devices Not in ACS" report export for purposes of facilitating ACS integration. The CSV processor in this code will read fields that span multiple lines. You can use that portion of code under the BSD license if you'd like.

The ifSpeed is stored as-is in the database, but the DDR displays it in Mbps which requires a 2^20 division instead of mpbs which would be 10^6. The DEE data is raw, so processing via XML would be a better way to go (it would also solve your problem with CSV processing).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Information such as duplex and VTP/VLAN are tracked by Campus instead of RME. Consequently, you would need to export the port attributes from your devices via Campus Manager, and merge that information with the DDR from RME. While the next release of Campus Manager will make these reports easier to get to, tying the information into RME is not currently planned.

As for the CR in fields in the DDR, this is completely legal. As long as the fields that contain embedded commas are properly quoted, all modern CSV parsers should not have a problem with this.

The port speed thing is interesting. Technically, the values are correct when you divide ifSpeed by 1048576 (i.e. 'M'egabits). Why we do this, I am not sure, but no one has filed a bug on this, so I don't see it being fixed in the next release, either.

did I missed something? is there the possibilty on cli to dump port info for all devices from Campus to a file?

Regarding the csv style- it seems I have to improve my basic and rudimentary knowledge about programming to get a smooth key - value mapping with the CR in a field... :-)

with ifSpeed it is a funny thing because in RME DB the values are as 10, 100,1000. And so they are listed in an XML export; so someone starts calculating when doing a csv export...

regards,

MArtin

Unfortunately, there is no way to export these kind of port details from Campus Manager from the command line.

As for CSV processing, your parser needs to be able to handle the case where a field begins with a double quote ('"'). In that case, you need to keep reading until you get a terminating quote. Attached is some Perl code I wrote to process the "Devices Not in ACS" report export for purposes of facilitating ACS integration. The CSV processor in this code will read fields that span multiple lines. You can use that portion of code under the BSD license if you'd like.

The ifSpeed is stored as-is in the database, but the DDR displays it in Mbps which requires a 2^20 division instead of mpbs which would be 10^6. The DEE data is raw, so processing via XML would be a better way to go (it would also solve your problem with CSV processing).

do you know if it is planned to include a report with this kind of details in a next release of LMS ( LMS 3.0 ) or even in a patch for CM?

Thanks for the script, that is what I needed!

Currently I deciced to do it with the csv export not the XML one bcause it is easier for me as I also have the campus data in csv style.

with ifSeed I did a simple substitution...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: