Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i monitor my switch??

laurendvir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an Cisco Catalyst 3750 and i would like to check if the switch is in overload when i turen on a cuple of 

systems to it??

Thanks

Lauren dvir

1 Reply 1

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lauren,

Your Problem description isn't very clear. It has two aspects :

1. You want to check it is overload when you turn on a couple of systems : Is it on interface/port? You want to check interface utilization?

2. You want to check it is overload when you turn on a couple of systems : Is it a couple of Network Management applications are taking resources of your switch like High CPU or Memory?

For (1) You can see the interface utilization using any NMS application, even their evaluation version as fetching Interface utilization via NMS app is the most basic requirement and is even inlcuded on eval version.

For (2) you can monitor the device health for CPU and Memory to see if they are spiked. You can again use any NMS application to monitor this, as CPU/Memory etc are again very basic monitoring capabilities. Also, you can configure EEM scripts on switch to get an email or syslog or SNMP Trap when CPU or memory spikes.

You can use various tools available. Cisco has LMS and Cisco PI. Or your can try PRTG, Cacti, OpenNMS, Solarwinds etc for other third party NMS application.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **