cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do i disable discovery using cdp in cw lms 3.0?

rbazhanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I was able to disable discovery using cdp in cw lms 3.1, but i couldn't find a way to disable it in 3.0. I am about to create a seed file with explicitly defined devices. Is it possible at all?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you disable the discovery schedule, then no CDP auto-discovery will be done (i.e. no new devices will be added to DCR based on CDP). However, if you are using Campus Manager Data Collection, then CDP information will still be collected from devices in DCR. New neighbors will not be added to DCR, however. Campus does this so that it can build the links on its Topology Map. This is also helpful for User Tracking. I'm guessing you do not want to disable this...?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Discovery in LMS 3.0 is under Campus Manager. Go to Campus Manager > Administration > Device Discovery > Schedule Discovery, and delete all schedule entries.

From there, you can manually import devices into DCR under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management.

Thanks. I did everything as you said. The thing is i am not sure whether cw is still running cdp to discover neighboring devices. Do you mean it is enough to restrict cw to work with explicitly defined devices?

If you disable the discovery schedule, then no CDP auto-discovery will be done (i.e. no new devices will be added to DCR based on CDP). However, if you are using Campus Manager Data Collection, then CDP information will still be collected from devices in DCR. New neighbors will not be added to DCR, however. Campus does this so that it can build the links on its Topology Map. This is also helpful for User Tracking. I'm guessing you do not want to disable this...?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: