cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I Modify Credentials en mass?

hoelpf1
Level 1
Level 1

Any way to update credentials en masse, perhaps via CLI or perhaps by inputing a default set of values. 100 to go and the web is killing me!! Help Please!

This is one of my huge pet peeves on CW.

we are running on Unix.

CW Common Services 3.0.4

CiscoView 6.1.4

Integration Utility 1.6.0

RME 4.0.3

DFM 2.0.5

Campus Mgr 4.0.5

7 Replies 7

hoelpf1
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately that did not help at all, but rather made things much worse. Prior to doing this I had 95% success on read only string, and 127 devices not working on RW. Now I have 100% reporting as "failed" on both out of about 460 devices.

Thinking that perhaps I had transposed RW and RO when I was cut and pasting the values in, I did it a second time with no change in results. Ran the check verification report waited for it to complete

Telnet and Enable Telnet went from 89 failures for one reason or another to 111.

If I then click on the device link from the verification report, choose edit device credentials, and cut and paste the same credentials in. The credentials come back as "OK".

I ran this from Common Services choosing the CS database. Run the verification report from RME on the CS database.

What Happened Here?? What can I do from here?

You should first do an export of DCR to a CSV file, then look to see if the values are indeed correct.

If they are correct in the CSV file, you should enable RME debugging for DeviceManagement > Device Management Operations and Check Device Attributes User Interface. Then pick one failing device, and run a new report against it while also getting a sniffer trace of all traffic to that device. Then open a TAC service request with said information.

I don't have CLI access to the box at the moment, only web access. Any way to get access to the CSV export file via web?

Common Services > Device Management > Export

The CSV file will be saved on the server, however. If you need immediate access, and you do not have any other file transfer capabilities, you can save the CSV file under NMSROOT/htdocs, then access it from the browser after logging into CiscoWorks. This is a big security risk, though, since credentials will be in plain text in this file; and this file will be accessible to all CiscoWorks-authenticated users.

Thanks for the info. I'm ok with regards to security. Can you elaborate on how to access NMSROOT/htdocs via webbrowser. I'm not familiar with that. Thanks.

Say you export the CSV file to NMSROOT/htdocs/export.csv. You would access that as:

http://server:1741/export.csv