cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I remove a device from credentials in LMS 4.2.5 when DCR does not display it?

trobison
Level 1
Level 1

We have a device that was only partially removed from the inventory in LMS.  When we try to add it back, the system says the device already exists, and it is in the export of the device credentials.  But when we search for it in any of the functions, like Device Management, we get "no search results generated for this value".  I am sure one of my colleagues used an SQL statement to manipulate the database, but I can't find any instructions for this.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can try using the Device and Credentials Repository command line interface (dcrcli). Instructions for its use care located here.

If the issue is with the Fault tool (also known as DFM) then please see this thread about re-initializing the DFM databases.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can try using the Device and Credentials Repository command line interface (dcrcli). Instructions for its use care located here.

If the issue is with the Fault tool (also known as DFM) then please see this thread about re-initializing the DFM databases.

You sent me in the right direction with the dcrcli command.  First, I tried using the del function, but I got "Error in Delete Device: Device does not exist."  Then my colleague suggested using the lsids function to get the device ID, but the dn=dummyrtr01 parameter yielded "No valid devices are found in DCR".  So I tried using ip=192.168.1.1, and the system gave me the device ID, which I then used to successfully delete the device using "dcrcli> del -f id=2860".  Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: