cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you remove devices from "Devices Not Configured in ACS"

baotran09
Level 1
Level 1

How do you remove devices from "Devices Not Configured in ACS"?

CW picked up these devices. Ive restarted daemon process and cleared dcr table but its still there, where is the data store and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have two choices.  The first is to temporarily add the devices to the ACS server to which LMS is integrated.  Once the devices are known to ACS, they will show up in the DCR device selector in LMS, and you can delete them from LMS.  The second choice is to temporarily disable ACS integration within LMS.  Then you will see all of the devices in the DCR device selector, and you will be able to remove the ones you do not wish to manage.

How do I disable ACS integration within LMS using CLI? Stopping CW demon will fix it?

No, restarting Daemon Manager will not fix this.  To disable ACS integration from the command line, run the command:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/ResetLoginModule.pl

Hi Clark,

I follow the advise you mentioned in the prevoipis post but both unsuccessful

1. Disable ACS inregration - First i stopped all the processes and apply the resetlogin command, but it didnt do anything.In addition, when i stop CS, i couldnt logon to CS to delete the devices. Ive tried with all the processes on also, but the resetloginnmmodule didnt work (after pressing enter, it just hang)

2. Add devices to ACS - CW discovered some devices which has been offline for a while now. adding a offline device doesnt really help.

Is there any other ways to resolve thisissue?

There are no other ways.  ResetLoginModule.pl will work.  It may take a minute to complete what it needs to do, but if you run it correctly, it will disable ACS integration, thus requiring you to login to LMS using locally configured credentials (e.g. the LMS admin username and password).  If you're seeing ResetLoginModule.pl hang, post a screenshot showing exactly how you are running it.  Make sure you run it as a local Administrator.