Views
Helpful
Replies

How to backup configuration of an ASA5540

udj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently backing up the configuration of my cisco switches to a TFTP-server via SNMP using ccCopyProtocol (CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB).

Is there any way I can do the same with the ASA5540 firewalls I have?

The ASA5540 doesn't seem to support this MIB, as far as I can read.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have the firewall copy its configuration via SNMP?

Thanks,

Ulrik Jensen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible. You will have to script a telnet or SSH session to the device to pull the config via screen scraping, or via a CLI-driven copy operation.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible. You will have to script a telnet or SSH session to the device to pull the config via screen scraping, or via a CLI-driven copy operation.

You can use RANCID for this.

Thank you .. I just googled it, and it seems RANCID doesn't do Windows .. and unfortunately I don't do Unix ;-) Seems like an okay tool though.

Thank you .. I will take a look at it, and do a scriptet terminal session instead on the firewalls.. I just tested it, it's pretty simple .. the error handling is the tricky part when scripting this :)

I did like the SNMP-way though, but when it's not possible, I will have to do the scripted telnet with clear text passwords in my (DOS)script.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

/Ulrik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: