Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

udj

How to backup configuration of an ASA5540

Hi,

I'm currently backing up the configuration of my cisco switches to a TFTP-server via SNMP using ccCopyProtocol (CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB).

Is there any way I can do the same with the ASA5540 firewalls I have?

The ASA5540 doesn't seem to support this MIB, as far as I can read.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have the firewall copy its configuration via SNMP?

Thanks,

Ulrik Jensen

• Network Management
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: How to backup configuration of an ASA5540

This is not possible. You will have to script a telnet or SSH session to the device to pull the config via screen scraping, or via a CLI-driven copy operation.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

This is not possible. You will have to script a telnet or SSH session to the device to pull the config via screen scraping, or via a CLI-driven copy operation.

You can use RANCID for this.

udj

Thank you .. I just googled it, and it seems RANCID doesn't do Windows .. and unfortunately I don't do Unix ;-) Seems like an okay tool though.

udj

Thank you .. I will take a look at it, and do a scriptet terminal session instead on the firewalls.. I just tested it, it's pretty simple .. the error handling is the tricky part when scripting this :)

I did like the SNMP-way though, but when it's not possible, I will have to do the scripted telnet with clear text passwords in my (DOS)script.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

/Ulrik

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.