cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

how to block devices not to desover by DCR

I have removed all my access point from DCR

and now I want not to discover those AP's again.

how to block that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: how to block devices not to desover by DCR

Add them to the DCR Exclude list. Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, and click the Exclude button. Populate the exclude list with all of your APs.

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Add them to the DCR Exclude list. Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, and click the Exclude button. Populate the exclude list with all of your APs.

Community Member

Hmm, what's the intended use of discovery filters, then?

Silver

Discovery filters are used for IP address instances or ranges, not device types.

Community Member

Quoting CiscoWorks Common Services 3.1.1 online help:

"Filters in Common Services Device Discovery allow to include or exclude devices from the network based on the following:

* IP Address

* DNS Domain

* SysObjectID

* SysLocation"

My impression was, that filters are used to

designate which devices are scanned during discovery, while the excude list is applied

later, just before devices are added/updated to DCR.

But without a detailed documentation this is only a guess, and would love to hear some insider's comment on this.

Cisco Employee

Discovery filters only control what Discovery scans and adds to DCR. Adding devices to the DCR exclude list will ensure that they cannot be added to DCR by any means.

but what I have seen (in a presentation not in real life) in LMS 3.1 you will be able to exclude devices from discovery by their sysObjectID! nice feature!

Cisco Employee

This is true. You can enter the sysObjectID manually, or select it from the MDF selector.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content