cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change the Display Name in LMS2.5

oalvi
Level 1
Level 1

I discovered Network with disable DNS, so all devices are appeared by IP address, after that I enable DNS and I test nslookup and It's working fine after that, I run discovery again but the devices in DCR are still appear by IP address,

How can I change that By the Hostname?

6 Replies 6

akin_lopez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you have reverse lookup setup on your DNS?

make sure you have both forward and reverse lookup setup on your DNS server

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to add the following property to NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/DeviceDiscovery.properties:

nameserver.updateDCRDisplayName=true

Additionally, you can also add:

nameserver.updateDomainNameSuffix=true

If you want the domain name suffix in DCR to be updated as well. Once these changes are made, run a full Discovery.

Note: these properties require a recent version of Campus Manager 4.0. I recommend 4.0.5 for best results.

oalvi
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, It solved fine

The pervious case is back again after upgrading the campus manager to 4.0.12 and Common services 3.0.6, and the request change to file DeviceDiscovery.properties still available, also the device name is updated in campus manager after added in DNS and run full discovery, but not updated in common services and RME.

What were you running previously? There hasn't been many changes to this code in a few releases, and no one else is reporting problems with DCR display name updates. Make sure the devices are being reported as reachable as only reachable devices will be updated in DCR.

Thank Eng.jclarke

in the time when I upgrade the campus manager the OS administrator changed the /etc/nsswitch.conf file without inform us, they remove the dns from line:

hosts: files

Best Regards