Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to clean the Ciscoworks Monitoring Console in Device Fault Manager?

Hello,

I need to clean the Monitoring Console (in Device Fault Manager), but, after I did this and restart the Monitoring Console, all the same alerts are showing again. Why it´s happening? How I clean this permanently?

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: How to clean the Ciscoworks Monitoring Console in Device Fau

Hello,

Please, what version of DFM (1.2 or 2.0)? And are these actual or bogus alerts?

Version: Device Foult Manager 1.2.

Version: Device Fault Manager 1.2.

And the alerts are real. In fact all the problems happened but was fix. Its not necessary to see the same alerts continually.

Hi,

go to Event/Maintain Profile in the monitor window. This is where you can set your filters based on Classes, instances and Events. (see this url for more info on what filters are available: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/cscowork/ps2421/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008017ae39.html).

I use wild card (*) for the classes and Instances and then get more exact for the specific event I want to show up in the Monitor window (see attached wordpad doc)

You will then have to remove the line that has all *'s.

Good Luck.

And I forgot to say, save your profile that will follow your user name by, File, Save As, Save Remote As in the Monitor Console window. Provide a name in the Console Name field. Now you should be good to go.

Views
Helpful
Replies