Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to configure routers remotely

Hi Experts,

I recall using some of Cisco's tools where it required me to enter the SNMP RW and enable password to manage core switches similar to a 4507.  With this tool, I am able to set the vlan association of several ports among other things.  From a linux/unix device, is there a way like using snmpget, to run commands like "show ip wccp" for example on a remote router without having to login? 

Thanks in advance!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Sure you can snmpwalk a device to retrieve any snmp oid values that are instrumented in the target device. It takes a bit of work to identify the right oid - typically one would research in a MIB browser to ascertain the proper OID and then do the query after having established a local copy of the MIB to help parse the query results into more human-friendly form.

That said, After a short check I was not able to find that or if Cisco has created a MIB for their implementation of WCCP. Bluecoat seems to have one for their devices - see http://ipmsupport.solarwinds.com/mibs/WCCP-MIB/tree.aspx
for example.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Sure you can snmpwalk a device to retrieve any snmp oid values that are instrumented in the target device. It takes a bit of work to identify the right oid - typically one would research in a MIB browser to ascertain the proper OID and then do the query after having established a local copy of the MIB to help parse the query results into more human-friendly form.

That said, After a short check I was not able to find that or if Cisco has created a MIB for their implementation of WCCP. Bluecoat seems to have one for their devices - see http://ipmsupport.solarwinds.com/mibs/WCCP-MIB/tree.aspx
for example.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content