cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to customize email notifications sent by Cisco Prime.

Sundeep Dsouza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have been receiving email alerts for any unresponsive devices in Cisco Prime. I was able to find the option to customize the subject for such email alert under Admin-Network-Notification and Action settings, however I am not able to locate the option to change the email body.

The email body for such alerts has lot of unrequired information which I would like to remove.

Can someone provide me the options on how to get rid of such information in the email body.

Regards

7 Replies 7

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Sundeep,

try this:

Have you tried according to this docs:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.1/user/guide/admin/useNotif.html

Regards

Please rate if it helps.

Hi Sandeep,

I went through your link, all I could find is ways to customize Email subject not the body. Any other alternative.

Regards

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

To customize the e-mail subject:

Step 1 Select Admin > Network >  Notification and Action Settings > Fault - Email subject  customization.

The available and selected lists of the subject attributes for e-mail  are displayed.

To customize the e-mail subject, you can add and remove subjects from  the current e-mail subjects list. By default, following list of e-mail  subject attributes are displayed in the Selected Subjects for E-Mail  box.

Event ID

Device Name

Time

Severity

Event Name

Status

To add a subject:

a. Select the subject attribute  from Available Subjects for E-Mail.

b. Click Add.

The selected subject attribute is added to the Selected Subjects for  E-Mail list.

You can add a subject attribute only from the Available Subjects list to  the Selected Subjects list. You cannot add a subject attribute from the  Selected subject list to the Available Subject list.

To remove a subject attribute:

a. Select the subject attribute  from Selected Subjects for E-Mail.

b. Click Remove.

The selected subject attribute is removed from the Selected list and  added to the Available subjects for E-Mail list.

You can remove a subject attribute only from the Selected Subjects list  and not from the Available Subjects list.

Step 2 Click Up or Down to rearrange the  order of the selected e-mail subject attributes.

Step 3 Click Apply to save the customized e-mail  subject attributes.

Note: Other than this you will not be able to customize any thing, User-defined fied option will not work.

I hope this will help

Thanks

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroj,

Your steps will help me customize my email subject not the body. Check the attached screenshot of the alert. You will notice a lot of information which is not required. I need to get rid of such information.

Hi Sandeep,

As per my understading , unfortunately we can not customize the Body of the Alert

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi,

I know this is an old thread; I am also encountering the same issues and I was wondering if the feature may be available on the Prime Infrastructure 3.0? Based on the administration guide, it seems to be able to include custom test in the body of email however not too sure if it may be possible to remove/customize the content of it?

Thanks.

Hi did you able to get contents customized on subject and body of line. I want to see device name in subject, how that is possible