Views
Helpful
Replies

how to delete devices from Common Services/DCR

manufc
Level 1
Level 1

Hiya,

I have a number of devices that are listed in Common Services/DCR/"Devices not configured in ACS."

I can see these devices are not configured in a Network Device Group in my ACS server, which I believe explains the above. This occurred from a bulk import of devices.

If I search Common Services/Device and Credentials/Device Management for a device that is listed in "Devices not configured in ACS" the device is not found.

What is the best way to delete the devices listed in "Devices not configured in ACS?"

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The best way is to add those devices to ACS so you can manage them. However, if you do not wish to manage them, the best approach will be to temporarily disable ACS integration. Then you will see the devices listed under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management. Delete them, then re-enable ACS integration, and you'll be set.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The best way is to add those devices to ACS so you can manage them. However, if you do not wish to manage them, the best approach will be to temporarily disable ACS integration. Then you will see the devices listed under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management. Delete them, then re-enable ACS integration, and you'll be set.

Thankyou very much, this has solved the problem.

Is there another way besides removing ACS integration or managing these devices in ACS and then deleting them?

I have a client who has entered in devices without an IP address. Therefore I can't add these to ACS. Am trying to avoid undoing the ACS integration due to the amount of work spent customising CiscoWorks roles in ACS.

Hi,

There's a couple of things you can do:

1: If the device is added without an IP address, and if DNS is configured on cw2k, then add the device to DNS so it can be resolved.

2: The only other way is to disconnect cw2k from ACS by selecting cw2k to be in non-acs mode, (but you can still point to cw2k to ACS for user authentication) then the devices can be listed and deleted as appropriate.

NOTE:

All the roles you have customised in ACS for cw2k will remain, they will not be deleted.

Then when you reconfigure cw2k to integrate with ACS it will function as normal.

I've done this a few times now and it works fine.

I hope this helps

Ahh thanks for that!

Its re-assuring to know that you dont lose the ACS customisations :)

adriannims
Level 1
Level 1

You have to temporarily break the link between Ciscoworks and ACS. You need to go in Common Services - Server- Security- AAA mode Setup. Select Non ACS and Ciscoworks local from the AAA mode Setup page.

Then log on to the Ciscoworks server and stop and restart the Ciscoworks daemon ("net stop crmdmgtd" and "net start crmdmgtd").

Then you will be able to see the devices from the "Devices not configured in ACS." report. Delete them and then go back in Common Services - Server- Security- AAA mode Setup, select ACS mode from the AAA mode Setup page. Log on one more time to the Ciscoworks server and stop and restart the Ciscoworks daemon ("net stop crmdmgtd" and "net start crmdmgtd").

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: